Saturday, June 3, 2023

Why can't we be like storybook children? (Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood)

Photo by freestocks on Unsplash


Feeling pretty good after a recent trip north to support one of my campuses. 

Having worked there five years ago means that I know some of the staff, and all of the senior students. That's a real advantage.

It was pretty easy to pick up where I left off with those students - it also helps that I am there briefly, for two days, and then head back to the Hawke's Bay. It's different when you're there every day!

I loved working with a few students on their English essays, visiting the vibrant primary school, being in the Learning Centre for a while, meeting new staff who weren't on site during my last visit, and working with the Campus Principal.

Getting the relationships right is so key to working with people. I'm very thankful that I have my mother's natural joy of meeting people, and my father engendered great loyalty from those he managed, as well as making lifelong friendships with those he worked with. I had some great teachers and examples to draw upon.

Next up for me is a return to my home campus for a week and then a trip to another of my Noth East campuses. Looking forward to it already.

No comments: