Wednesday, June 28, 2023

It's daylight robbery (Hammond Gamble)

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash


A recent James Clear question was: What is getting too much of my time right now? What is getting too little?

It's a really good focusing question.

At this point of the term (final week of Term 2) the answer is easy peasy - too much admin time, too little time to get into classes and observe via ten-minute walk-throughs.

A look in my school diary is revealing - recent days filled with meetings, preparation for delivering a 9-hour course to students, interviewing candidates for jobs, reading and writing reports, dealing with discipline matters, supervising in the Learning Centre....

I have had to squeeze in visits to classrooms around all of those other things that make up my job. And time is tight. And I have run out of time.

That's just the reality. 

There was nothing in there that I could put off, or decide not to do.

No comments: