Thursday, February 29, 2024

We have to try and get a little stronger, Lord knows we do, with each and every day (War)

Photo by Elena Mozhvilo on Unsplash


Recently, Thomas Oppong posted on the benefits of using to-do lists. In fact, he advocates two to-do lists - a daily list and a master list.
Thomas: Move at most 5 things you HAVE or NEED to get done in a single workday to the daily list and focus on checking those off for the day: nothing more.

You can always add more to the daily list once they’ve been done.

The tasks on your daily list are the only thing that deserves your focus for the day — they are your high-priority or daily highlights.
These high priority items sound like urgent important tasks (as Stephen Covey labels them).

I do this and pretty much spend every day dealing with urgent important items on my list. Lately, it seems that every time I open my emails there is at least one urgent important thing for me to action. These mount up quickly.

Therefore, I often have little time for the not urgent but important items and not many people ever think their task is not important, otherwise they wouldn't send them out.

It's a dilly of a pickle.

No comments: