Monday, June 22, 2020

To say good morning and really mean it (The Mamas and Papas)

Recently, while cleaning up my bookmarks, I came across the Eight Habits of Highly Effective Google Managers list again.
You're busy, so just a quick refresher for you - the top five (and it's in order of importance) are:
  • Be a good coach;
  • Empower your team and don't micromanage;
  • Express interest in employee's success and well-being;
  • Be productive and results-oriented;
  • Be a good communicator and listen to your team;
I love this list!
The top habit is be a good coach.
Photo by sydney Rae on Unsplash
What does that mean?
Luckily, I can tell you, because I have always had this list pinned to my wall (or in my teacher's planbook).
Here's what it says:
  • Talk with your employees, not at them!
  • Don't exaggerate situations or behaviour
  • Talk about behaviour, not attitudes
  • Aim not to assume stuff (seek first to understand)
  • Follow up!
  • Reward improvements.
I love this list too. I gaze at it frequently.
Be a good coach!

No comments: