Saturday, June 27, 2020

She comes up with the morning sun and tells me life has just begun, oh what it is to be young (Barclay James Harvest)

Photo by hannah grace on Unsplash

Teachers as writers.

Confessions right off the bat: I'm an English teacher; I love writing (you're reading some of it right now!); and I love the Level 2 writing folio Achievement Standard.

It's six credits for producing two final pieces from a range of drafts that are taken to publication standard. The writing can be anything. How cool is that?

The opportunity to sit with students and write is heaven for me, and it's not for everyone - I do understand that. But it can be!

The great thing about it - by the time Level 2 NCEA rolls around, everyone has pretty much already done the first step (learning how to write), so the second step is much easier: turning it into a habit by writing (like a blog post a day frinstance).

'Committing to the practice. Showing up and doing it again and again until you're good at it, and until it's part of who you are and what you do' (Seth Godin).

Zactly!

No comments: