Monday, October 22, 2018

L'amour est l'enfant de la liberté (The Rumour)

As a life-long learner, I am always looking for learning moments. 

They're always out there somewhere.

What an education it has been, staying in France for a few days.

I'm only semi-kidding when I suggest that most of the leavers who voted to Brexit did so after being on holiday in France.

There's always the vague feeling here that behind the (sometimes) smiley exterior are feelings of superiority over the British (we Kiwis clearly are mistaken for Brits over here).

If my wife and I manage to say we're from New Zealand we instantly get a different response.

Ar well - to quote Chuck Berry - "C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell".

We're back to familiar surroundings tomorrow with a Eurostar back to London from La Gare du Nord.

Who-rah! 

No comments: