Saturday, June 5, 2021

To look for the place where everything goes, everyone’s looking and nobody knows. Is there a way, a map or a sign or is it just dreaming, all in the mind (Peggy Seeger)

Photo by Willian Justen de Vasconcellos on Unsplash

Stretch!

I've done this a few times in my career. 

While making a 10 slide introduction of me and my career for an upcoming meeting, I could appreciate anew the leaps I've taken at various times.

Sometimes they haven't been well timed leaps and they affected my family for the better or for the worse. At the time I had no crystal ball.

A few times (okay, once) I've regretted NOT taking the leap, a few times (okay, once) I've regretted TAKING the leap.

As James Clear says:
"There will never be a perfect time to do something that stretches you.

That’s true whether you are starting a business, having a child, changing careers, or wrestling with any number of challenges. That’s not a license to be reckless and never think things through, but at some point you have to embrace the uncertainty because it is the only path forward.

If you were ready for it, it wouldn't be growth." 
I wonder what the next stretch will bring. 

No comments: