Thursday, June 24, 2021

Well I got nothin' to prove (Sufjan Stevens)

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

Our inner voice (or if you are really unlucky - voices) was a topic on Seven Sharp last night.

I love my inner voice. It provides me with a great on-going commentary, a perpetual songtrack, and among other things - acts as a wonderful filter.

You can probably tell when that's the case, I smile.

Yesterday during a zoom a colleague in a senior position used the term 'air hostess' twice.

After the first one I smiled. After the second one my finger almost made it to the unmute button before my inner voice again kicked in and I decided (like everyone else on the call) to let it go.

My inner voice had skipped ahead three moves and decided it just wasn't worth it.

What's that? Oh yes, I love you, inner voice.  

No comments: