Monday, March 1, 2021

It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack (Germany Kent)


T
he previous post indicated some leaders that I'm very grateful to have worked with, or who I am continuing to learn from.

Ten years ago I wrote about 25 things I was thankful for. At the time I was living and working in the Middle East.

Here's some other things I'm thankful for (in a work sense) in the present tense:
  • I am very grateful for being employed full stop. But further to that, I am very grateful to be employed by OneSchool Global. We all provide a Good Feel Index (GFI) rating each week out of 10 and each week I give a 10 for that reason. To do otherwise seems churlish to me. Thank you OSG!
  • I am thankful that I have been following my bliss since I was 12 years old (the desire path was teaching). I continue to love my choice of profession (even on bad days like last Friday).
  • The people I have worked with since I started teaching (I am lucky to have worked in five different countries around the world and I'll tell you this and I'll tell you no more - there are good people in teaching everywhere I've been)
  • The facilities I currently work in are amazingly bespoke for self-directed learners.
  • I am thankful to the bosses I've had who have trusted me and left me to get on with it and not micro-managed me. Currently - thanks Paul!
  • The mentors I've had along the way stay with me (Colin Prentice is like Obi-Wan - when cancer struck him down he became more powerful than he could have possibly imagined).
  • I've appreciated all the learning I have received from some outstanding individuals along the way apart from Colin Prentice: Colin Donald; Alison Ivey; Annette Sivak; Sonja Schutte; Tom Ryder; Terry Heaps; Roger Moses; Peter Joyce; Margaret Wilson; Rob McMurray; Graeme McFadyen; Jenni Dittmer; Toni Dunstan; Greg Semmens; Amy Reid; Dionne Thomas; Jackie Barron; Andrew Plant; Sue Miller; Peter Garelja; Martin Mitchell; WOH Gibbs; Jim Seumanu...and that's just a few that immediately spring to mind!

No comments: