Thursday, March 11, 2021

'We think differently at night' she told me once lying back languidly (Lawrence Ferlinghetti)

Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Informal learning and connection time can be under-rated!

George Couros wrote an interesting blogpost on this recently.

He addresses the informal learning that happens in face to face conventions and professional meetings. 

During my career I've attended my share of English teacher conferences, Deputy Principal conferences (NASDAP), Principal conferences (SPANZ and the Worldwide version of that in Edinburgh), and OneSchool Global conferences.

I miss those connection opportunities. I really do.

On-line professional learning has it's place but so does the human connection that happens when humans get together (formally and informally) to discuss stuff.

Will we get that back? I really hope so.

No comments: