Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Back in the classroom, open your books (Chuck Berry)

Photo by Tuyen Vo on Unsplash


As a teacher, there's something great about having a base. Up till now I've been teaching in three locations - all other people's classrooms. But as of today, I now have a classroom (one of those three) to call home and that feels pretty groovy. 

The last time I had a classroom to myself was at Woodford House, eight years ago.

Now I can put the furniture where it works for me and my students, I can set up a more conducive learning culture and I can display material as well. I also have a cupboard to store my gear! Very cool. 

It also works from a school perspective. Unloved rooms that aren't 'owned' by a teacher are destined for poor treatment by both staff and students.

It's a win win.

No comments: