Sunday, May 19, 2024

If I fail, if I succeed, at least I'll live as I believe (Whitney Houston)



 


Having just completed my appraisal with my manager, I'm reflecting on the process and value of having so many diverse people (colleagues, students, parents and my manager) contributing to it after I did my self-review.

In the final wash up my self-review scores and those of the collective 'other' were pretty similar, but surely, too many cooks spoil the broth, by diluting it in the process.

Again, Marcus Aurelius has a pithy thought on the subject:
I'm constantly amazed by how easily we love ourselves above all others, yet we put more stock in the opinions of others than in our own estimation of self....How much credence we give to the opinions our peers have of us and how little to our very own!

No comments: