Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Riding on a long blue paper plane (Status Quo)

Photo by Sebastián León Prado on Unsplash
'Building the plane while flying it', is a saying I've heard a lot lately. 

As an aviophobia, I've never been a fan of the phrase (surprise surprise).  

To me, the idea of making it up as you are going along implies instability, freakish luck, impending disaster, unpredictability, precariousness, frailty, fragility, amateurism, a lack of confidence. 

In short an unhappy time.

I get what the concept is about, though.

The idea aligns with Ajaz Ahmed and Stefan Olander's phrase in their (awesome, brilliant) book - Velocity.

As I've discussed elsewhere in this blog, their view is that it's easier done than said.

That is, intuition, gutsiness and iteration (as in a sequence of operations which yields results successively closer to a desired result) are rewarded.

In my opinion, a better phrase would be their idea of GET GOING, THEN GET BETTER.

No comments: