We're into our last stages on settling on some 'low hanging fruit' from our recent campus gap analysis.
Collaboration and buy in are essential for the results of the gap analysis to gain traction as goals for our PD.
With that in mind, it's been a worthwhile process to gain the voice of students and staff on what how we are delivering on lessons, study and the all encompassing assignment that forms our educational process.
At the end of that analysis we are left with three areas that will be the source of our on-going focus in professional discussions.
These involve how to improve the Learning Coach conversations to get to deeper learning, teacher differentiation and concentration on a student-centred approach.
I'm excited by this impending concentrated focus on these three areas.
For me they tick a lot of crucial PD boxes:
- They are relevant and personal to us
- They will involve hands on strategies
- It will be teachers learning from teachers (organic - using our campus expertise)
- It will form our long-term PD - from Term 4 onwards into 2020
- It treats teachers as professionals