Sunday, July 21, 2019

All the cats are at the High School rockin' (Jerry Lee Lewis)

Photo by bruce mars on Unsplash
Phew! The holidays are over and it's back to school! 

Life returns to normal.

Normal?

Yes, normal. Most of the year is taken up with work days - that's the norm.

Yes, after ten weeks of school routine I need something different but two weeks off becomes this weird land.

The first few days are always detox days, although I never get used to longer sleep ins during breaks. I'm usually still waking around 5am.

When I'm doing home stuff (clearing out blackberry and dead trees, rebuilding chicken coops, hanging new chandeliers)  I get guilty hot flushes that I'm not checking my emails or my phone enough. And the emails mount up!

So being back in harness is accompanied by a sigh of relief in many ways.

No comments: