|Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash|
Apparently, Mondays don't care.
And they ain't going nowhere, so Mondays need to be squarely faced, head-on, eyeball to eyeball with relentless positivity! Don't let Mondays push you around.
Ha! Last week's Monday morning was an utter disaster (cut a mole while shaving and it wouldn't stop bleeding for four hours, yes, four hours!! I eventually arrived at school in time to deal with a student discipline matter, which meant I forgot I was supervising classes in the Learning Centre, then I made a pig's ear of a supervision schedule - yes THAT kind of Monday).
So why didn't I just stay in bed?
Five good reasons (as opposed to all those weirdo nebulous copy cat reasons you read online when you google 'reasons to go to work on Monday', and there will be no gratuitous mention of John Hattie or Seth Godin in sight this time out):
1. Let's get the obvious DAH one out of the way - it's my job and I need the essentials of life to survive, like food, shelter and records. Can't get 'em if I don't have a job.
2. Reset. Apparently, many people use Mondays as their reset button. Good idea! Wipe the slate clean, start a new week, and start off a new approach maybe? Apparently research indicates that people who start a diet on a Monday have greater success! Hmmm, food for thought (apologies if you just started a diet and that was a tad insensitive).
3. Any day above ground is a good day. I need to get over myself. Give myself a good talking to and follow my mother's advice which she most probs gave me on a Monday - deep breath! Pin your ears back!
4. That relentless positivity. I honestly believe it will get better as I go along. Two deep philosophical thoughts keep me going on Mondays (and any day that goes haywire): Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you; and You have to take the crunchy with the smooth.
5. Hey! I'm the eldest in my family: I don't shirk my responsibilities.
Bonus reason: take a look around you - maybe it's night time and the stars are out, maybe you're reading this on your phone, on a train going to work, maybe you just got your baby off to sleep and you're 'laxing with a cuppa. Wonders are all about you. It's no big deal if things don't exactly go your way on Mondays.
So, there you have it: Mondays sorted. What else would you like me to fix for you?