Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I started looking and the bubble burst (Coldplay)

Lord knows I am no mathematician (my brother inherited the paternal science genes, not me). Shock horror revelation.

But it is hard not to be amazed by this guy. I guess there's a trick to how he does it (as he says it's partly magic which implies it's a trick) but it remains a great exhibition of numerical dexterity.



The bad news for me is that I can no longer even entertain the notion that I will attain any maths skills.

According to the Guardian - scientists in the UK have done research that shows we all lose cognitive skills from the age of 45 onwards (not from our 60's as previously thought - obviously by people over 45).

They found that over the 45-49 decade there was a 3.6% decline in the mental reasoning of men and women.

Men aged 65 - 70 have a decline of 9.6% while women fared a little better with a 7.4% decline.

So halas to mathematics for this guy who has lost about 5% of my reasoning skills by now, I guess. At least I think I have - maybe it's more.

No comments: