Sunday, May 2, 2010

Baby we are all a star (Prince)

I am reading another book by Paulo Coelho at the moment - Warrior Of The Light - a kind of companion to The Alchemist. It is a manual for living (his own life) that has a lot of benefit (for the rest of us).

Here's a powerful section that I need to share and ruminate on:
The Warrior of the Light has the sword in his hands.

He is the one who decides what he will do and what he will never
do.


There are moments when life leads him into a crisis and he is separated
from things he has always loved; it is then that the Warrior reflects. He checks
if he is fulfilling God's will or if he is merely acting selfishly. If this
separation is really part of his path, then he accepts it without
complaint.


If, however, such a separation was provoked by someone else's perverse
actions, then he is implacable in his response.


The Warrior possesses both force and forgiveness. He can use each with
equal skill.


I've been running that around in my brain all morning! I think it's going to stay there for a while too.

Also in this post...word has reached me of some further success for my former colleagues in Stratford, NZ. Both Maria Potter and Barbara Gall have now joined Phil Keenan in gaining promotions since my departure. This is fantastic news and I am thrilled for them.

The ripples from two decisions (my leaving Stratford High School and Graeme McFadyen's departure from Spotswood College) continue. Mark Bowden is now at the helm at Spotswood and that meant a vacancy at Opunake High School which Maria has now filled.

I am sure Maria will be a brilliant Principal and, it may be a cliche but nevertheless it is true -Opunake is lucky to have her.

No comments: