Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jedi mind tricks!

My students know how much I love Star Wars and this scene from the movie The Empire Strikes Back: Luke fails at raising his plane from a swamp but Yoda has no problem. Luke says, "I don't believe it". Yoda says, "That is why you fail". Refresh your memory -



Wouldn't that be cool? To believe you can do something is half the battle is it not. I wish I could be able to move objects around with my mind, like a Jedi knight.

Well I no longer have to wish. The power of the brain can now be harnessed to move objects. You don't believe? Take a look at the video on the Washington Post link.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2009/04/22/ST2009042204139.html?sid=ST2009042204139

Now...where do I get one from?

2 comments:

Melissa W. said...

Haha nice sir...

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford

May the force be with you =]

Wozza said...

Thanks Melissa - the force is with me...always.