Monday, September 24, 2018

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony (Mahatma Gandhi)

Photo by John Weinhardt on Unsplash
Decluttering: the process of removing unnecessary items from an untidy or overcrowded place.

In this case, it's the staff areas at my campus.

Staff are resistant. I can sense it. They think I'm mad, I suspect. If not mad, then unhinged to a certain degree. Or suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Whatever. I'm staying the course, pinning my ears back and getting on with it.

Yesterday, I wondered aloud at our Lean Meeting about two huge piles of old and out dated text books in the staff work area that comes up to my chest. I'm not joking.

There was kind of an uneasy silence before someone said, "They've been there for ages. No one wants them. We just couldn't bear to throw them away".

Definition of decluttering right there, yeah!

"Okay", I said. "They're going in the skip. Today!"

There will be tears before bedtime, I suspect, before I'm done.

No comments: