Wednesday, September 19, 2018

'Cause when you worry your face will frown and that will bring everybody down (Bobby McFerrin)


Okay, so we're three weeks in to the new term/new year and the honeymoon period is, unofficially, over.

And I mean the two to three week period that kicks of a new academic year, as well as the period teachers have when they join a new school (as I have).

Funnily enough, I was in the staff room, reading a TES article about how to sustain the two week honeymoon when the door opened and a staff member alerted me to a situation that I needed to handle. 

Laugh! 

The message in the article chimed nicely with my optimistic personality. It advised keeping the positivity and rewards coming in the face of chalk-face reality.

Seems to me the only way. Choosing the negative and the punishment route is not an option that sustains happiness for anyone. 

No comments: