Sunday, February 12, 2023

It says right here on page 43 that you should grab a hold of it else you'll find It's passed you by (David Crosby)



During a question and answer session with my new Year 3 students I was asked some really great questions.

One was around - what do you do to help the teachers?

My immediate response was that I meet with the team daily, first thing in the morning for ten minutes, and I aim every day to start the day in a positive way. That was followed by a rather lame, 'and I empty the dishwasher each morning'.

I could have used Seth Godin's list, “What do you do around here?”


I like these ones: 

I challenge the status quo

I show up on time 

I absorb nonsense and create calm for others

I raise our standards

I help people feel seen

I’m steady

I don’t cause trouble

I bring energy

I lead the way

I turn mountains into molehills

I must remember that last one for next time.

No comments: