Thursday, October 15, 2015

When people run in circles it's a very, very mad world, mad world (Tears For Fears)

Print media is so slow.

Each year we (Heads Of Departments) have to write an article about our department for the school magazine (that comes out at the end of each year). It's like a yearbook. A record of what goes on.

The worry is that hardly anyone actually reads our department blurbs. Instead staff and students look for themselves in photos! I know I do!

I asked a few of my buddies what I should write about this year and they said - just do photos.

So here is a sneak preview of this year's article - two months early!


The English department as The Fantastic Four!


My yearly report takes a less is more approach this time around and is dedicated to the four members of the English department. It’s the reason we go from strength to strength!

Here’s to my hard working, giant slaying, earth quaking, heart stopping, fun loving, house rocking English Department team. It is a constant joy to have them as colleagues.


Cover of ‘Iona Road’ by The Purdles (with Warren ‘Mr Fantastic’ Purdy)

Greg ‘Human Torch’ Semmens in awesome mode.

Andrew ‘Thing’ Plant – the serious one.

Amy ‘Invisible Girl’ Reid and other reiders


Warren Purdy       HoD English


No comments: