Wednesday, August 2, 2023

I want to fly like Superman (The Kinks)

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

Retirement has been on my mind of late, especially as a member of the public yesterday made a telling statement.

Before and after school, I do a duty at the gate - to get there I have to walk down part of a public walkway. Because I'm there every day I see some regular dog walkers, bikers, and others doing their perambulations of the Sports Park next to the campus. We nod at each other, say - good morning, or chat.

Yesterday I walked back to the campus with a lady who chatted to me about her recent biking adventures with her husband.

 When we got to the gate leading to the campus she said - have a great day. I said - you too!

She said - I'm retired, I can do what I want. It's so great.

Grrr. Frussin russin!! I could have killed her!

No comments: