Thursday, April 20, 2023

It's hard to build momentum if you're dividing your attention (James Clear)

Photo by Daniel Lincoln on Unsplash


James' comment above fits nicely with my feeling of receiving email messages during my study break.

Unfortunately admin people are not on the same holiday wavelength as teachers and staff in campuses so they keep firing emails out every day during the break.

That certainly divides attention, because each one is requiring different things. 

During my study break I triage them into essential (we're looking to make an appointment as soon as possible so that one fits), and everything else.

Unfortunately that means those inessential ones pile up, waiting until Monday, when I'm back in harness.

So be it. That's the price I pay for enjoying a stress free study break.

Plus, today is our 39th wedding anniversary, so things can certainly wait.

No comments: