Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Strength lies in differences, not in similarities (Stephen Covey)


Currently, I am leading/supporting three OneSchool Global campuses (Palmerston North, Hastings, and Gisborne) and that's a very privileged thing for me to be doing, as it provides a window into the various leadership teams in those campuses.

All are very different and all are very successful.

As well as that I have a recent memory of the Maungituroto campus (where I was Campus Principal from 2017 to 2018).

So, not counting my two campuses in England, I have knowledge and a very particular set of skills gained from experiences fronting the leadership structures in four OSG New Zealand campuses.

My over-riding take away - the leaders in all four campuses are all very different people, with different strengths, and that's why they are so good.

So, this post is a special shout out to the strong leaders in those four campuses: Mandy; Terese; Justine, Rebecca, and Sonja.

They are exceptional people who have done/are doing a phenomenal job in their roles (Junior Lead Teachers or Learning Leader in Sonja's case) and I have learnt a lot from each one by observing their very different leadership styles. 

They certainly provide superb evidence to back up Covey's point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Warren - you are an exceptional leader, not micro managing, allowing me to be what I am and want to be to support the staff, students and community in a positive manner, and of course in my own SS style.