Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I’m disinclined to acquiesce to your request (Barbossa)


My current Year 10 English class, which I started teaching this week, have spent some time tracking my on-line presence. Of course they have!

Because of the filters on their devices, they don't have access to my Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or Facebook pages, but they can Google me and look at my blogs - this one in fact!

Consequently, they've been asking me about Purdzilla and Baggy Trousers!

It's natural to wonder about your teachers private life - I get that.

I can still remember the moment I walked into a record store in St Lukes, while I was at Mt. Albert Grammar, and saw a teacher from school. Stopped me in my tracks it did! I'd never considered that any of my teachers had an existance away from school before!

Weird. These days the students are a lot more savvy, that's for sure!

No comments: