Thursday, November 12, 2015

Just my imagination (The Temptations)



Short read time on the blog today because I liked this by Judith Yates:
The education system is not preparing students for the real world by stifling imagination. Every workplace, every profession, relies on creativity, problem solving, and exploration of ideas. Professional athletes, architects, journalists, and accountants will go no further than the initial job interview if they say, “I need someone to tell me how to do everything all the time.”
Right on sister!!

The full article is good too - not yer usual piece by an educator - she's a criminal justice instructor!

The opposite of 'stifle': encourage; support; and my favourite...STIMULATE.

So let's get to it and really stimulate imagination in our classes shall we? 

All of us. Every day. Every. Day.

No comments: