Saturday, September 5, 2015

I'm writing 'bout the book I read (Talking Heads)

I read every day. I don't mean I read signs and just general stuff. And I don't mean my phone and nor do I count any online content, like a newspaper - that's kind of skim reading.

I mean I read some of my current book or my current magazine (Mojo or Prog usually), every day. 

I need something to transport me and stimulate my creative brain on a daily basis.

Currently its Murakami's Colorless Tsukura Tazaki.

For me, it's part of my daily routine. I read for 15 minutes every morning while I'm having breakfast on a week day. Pancake Saturdays are different. Sundays I read more.

I eke out another 10 to 15 minutes a day by reading while having a bath.

At night I aim to read for another 10 to 15 minutes before bed but that's problematic because the current Mrs Purdzilla doesn't read so it's usually a conversation. If I'm really hooked into the book I'll wake up at 2 or 3am , get up and read for an hour before going back to bed.

I'm not unique, by any stretch, and I'd like to read more but I regard anything beyond these times as a bonus. 

A lot of people don't read every day. They should.

It's an important use of time and time must be found and then hung on to.

Here are some reasons why. Here are some more!

No comments: