Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I have to sing about the book I read (Talking Heads)

Read this (it's rill cool)!

It's extremely well written, very funny, and very relevant. Go on - you won't regret it. 

The basic idea is that our brains are becoming/have become rewired by the demands of email and social media and addicted to the dopamine rush that accompanies our new emails/Txts so that we are becoming/have become less inclined to read books (and read tortured sentences like that last one).

We want the next hit from our phone or email. Our attention sp...sorry - just had to answer an email...where was I?

I'm sure the irony of signing up for an email newsletter at the end of the article is deliberate!

Currently I'm reading Murakami's 1Q84. It's a beast - three books collected into one volume. I love his stuff. This one is as surreal as he gets. Nothing is what it seems. It's freaky and reminding me of Brunel's film about dreams.

Try this sentence: The scene outside the window suggested that the world had settled in a place somewhere between "being miserable" and "lacking in joy", and consisted of an infinite agglomeration of variously shaped organisms.

Wow!

Anyway - blogging about this and reading that article (go on - READ IT!!) has made me want to go and, um, read some more. So, see ya!

Why don't you go do the same?

No comments: