I don't even have much of a hankering for checking all the edu-news that comes my way via emails and The Walrus Gumboot (as much as I love The Walrus Gumboot).
So - here's something fun from YouTube which has, on the surface, NOTHING to do with education - but UNDERNEATH there's a whole lotta stuff going on (I'm picking).
As a teacher, for instance, like Jimmy:
- We need to prepare well so as to appear confident
- Teachers need to be extroverts and perform in a classroom
- Teachers need to have confidence (comes with practice)
- We need to know that it's often hit or miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
- We must recognise our limitations
- We have a limited time frame to get our message across
- Once it's done - take a bow, put it aside and move onto the next lesson
Enjoy this from Jimmy Fallon