Sunday, July 2, 2023

That's life. That's what all the people say. You're riding high in April, shot down in May (Frank Sinatra)

Photo by Chris de Tempe on Unsplash


That last week of term at school was a struggle. In that, at times during the week I had to struggle to maintain my relentless positivity.

I'm not going to detail what caused that feeling - time to move onwards, because I can't change anything about last week.

At the time though, remembering the monkeys on the back adage helped (the basic idea is not to take on other people's monkeys), so did a sense of perspective - sayings that I trot out to other people:

You've got to take the crunchy with the smooth.

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

Life is a roller coaster.

Two weeks' study break helps as well.

See you on the other side.

No comments: