Saturday, January 28, 2023

There is no land but the land (up there is just a sea of possibilities) (Patti Smith)

Photo by Acton Crawford on Unsplash

Teacher inquiry time again. What could I do this year?

Some random thoughts:

Last year's inquiry was focused on our Learning Centre. I came up with some next steps which I could focus on.

I could revisit my deeper learning inquiry from a few years ago.

I could look at a leadership topic. I have a six week course to complete this year. The course title is Frontline Leader Impact, so I'll need something in the leadership vein to focus on for that.

Always good to combine things if I can.

Some possibilities:

  • The effectiveness of teacher interventions on lower performing students
  • How I could be more effective as a District Principal
  • Improving the avenues for promotion and career advancement within OSG
  • Revisiting my thesis on programmes for aspiring Principals and making suggestions for OSG 
  • Comparing leadership styles/approaches of those in the corporate world - Jeff Bezos etc and seeing how they could apply to OSG
  • Culture impact on organisations - Looking at lessons from the best sports organisations

No comments: