Sunday, October 7, 2018

If only you believe like I believe, baby, (If only you believe like I believe) we'd get by (Jefferson Starship)


Primary school teachers are very different to secondary ones.

Shock!

Hardly a revelation I know, but I've been at Teacher Academy for a few days recently for induction and really enjoyed the mix of approaches when it comes to workshop/learning activities.

There were around 50 new inductees at that event - it's a big organisation!

We had to answer a big question: If Self-Directed Learning is the answer - what was the problem?

My group was made up of 5 - two secondary blokes and three female primary teachers; all different ages (I was mos def the oldest).

It was fun and the mix of approaches worked with leadership, creativity, problem-solving, laughter, mucking in and presentation attributes and skills all on display.

Thanks to that mix!

No comments: