Obsolete - no longer of any use, past its use by date.
As promised - a revisit of those 21 things Tina Barseghian says have only three years left to run (Mind/Shift article - 21 things that will be obsolete by 2020).
The vast majority seem pretty clearly obvious but here are the ones I don't necessarily agree with:
- FEAR OF WIKIPEDIA
- PAPERBACKS (reading by old technology, i.e. books)
- PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE NIGHT
And, these ones are contentious (at least, in my head the debate rages on):
A taking of Westmount's pulse on all 21 items is interesting. Gratifyingly, many are being, or have been, made obsolete already.
Here are the ones still in the mix, that are worthy of further thought:
- ORGANIZATION OF CLASSES BY GRADE LEVEL (i.e. age)
- INTEGRATION OF TECHNOLOGY
- CURRENT CURRICULAR NORMS (the silo effect)
That's the great thing about education - we're always aiming to improve, to question things, and to look for solutions!