Wednesday, May 25, 2016

You know we've got to find a way to bring some lovin' here today (Marvin Gaye)


The big buzz word around our school at the moment is INNOVATION.

We've spent time defining what we mean by innovation. As I'm a less-is-more guy I think mine was along the lines of -  new ideas/ways of doing things for changing times.

I like that this is a focus and I'm lucky to be at a place that even has a Director of Innovation.

Recently we had an interesting session looking back at how much innovation has taken place in the last few years (coincidentally, pretty much since I joined the staff four years ago). I was left with the feeling of, "OK - what next?".



For me the big three new ideas in education are - removing subject 'silo's (where subjects are taught in isolation to others), cracking open the timetable ('passion studies' is a new one on me), and changing the physical spaces.

With that in mind I came across this article from the Mind/Shift people about giving students choice during the day to create unstoppable learning

Sounds pretty groovy to me!

No comments: